Services and Facilities
Memorial Parks and Crematoria run by Memoria provide:
- 1 hour service times (to include arrival and departure)
- Chapel – capacity of 100 seats
- Dedicated clergy facilities
- Traditional burial (except South Leicestershire Memorial Park & Crematorium)
- Natural burial (except South Leicestershire Memorial Park & Crematorium)
- Memorial garden for cremated remains
- Home Memorials suitable for home or garden
- Adequate and well laid out car parking with safe access
- Disabled access and hearing loop
- Personal image and committal lighting
- Comfortable furnishings
- Choice of advanced music system or live organ
- Web camera with live streaming capabilities for those friend and family unable to make the service
- Plasma television screens for photo dedication/eulogy
Please note that there are no restrictions on and there is no additional charge for cremations coming from outside the area of each memorial park and crematorium.
Memoria Ltd pioneered the one hour time slot in 2013 having realised that superb facilities also need to be matched by privacy and a feeling of not being rushed on a tragic conveyor belt. Therefore, all Memoria Memorial Parks offer one hour time slots in order to afford bereaved families the privacy of having the facility to themselves. This allows for a forty minute service time, a ten minute period for the family to thank friends and distant relatives for attending and a further ten minutes to vacate the site. We believe this is essential in the process of helping a family construct a service to be a complete celebration of their loved one’s life.
As a result, we ask mourners attending following services to respect this and not arrive on site until ten minutes before their allotted time slot. For this purpose we deliberately do not provide on site waiting rooms. However, all of our sites provide details on their websites of close by cafes or restaurants where refreshments can be taken and toilet facilities are available. This allows the family attending the current service the consideration of leaving the chapel in privacy, rather than to a sea of unknown faces as is often the case at other crematoria.
The integrated nature of the memorial parks allow Memoria to provide improved infrastructure that would be unaffordable in a cemetery alone, including:
- Safe access to and from the main road
- A warm and comfortable chapel
- Unique facilities to enhance a celebration of life service
- Extensive car parking
- Toilet facilities, internal and external
All Memoria crematoria will accept (for no charge) cremated remains for an unattended scattering irrespective of where the cremation took place. Attended scattering services and memorials can also be purchased, at current prices (without surcharge) if desired.