Welcome to Memoria Ltd - a company dedicated to distinguished service in beautiful settings.
Memoria was incorporated in 2003 by three directors with over 80 years collective experience in the funeral sector. Since this time it has received more planning consents than any other crematoria operator since the millennium. Memoria has successfully completed crematoria in Ollerton, Bury, Chorley, Bishop Auckland and Braintree.
In recent times, Memoria has opened Cardiff & Glamorgan Memorial Park & Crematorium in 2011; Kirkleatham Memorial Park & Crematorium in 2014; and South Oxfordshire Crematorium & Memorial Park, Amber Valley Memorial Park & Crematorium, South Leicestershire Memorial Park & Crematorium and Waveney Memorial Park & Crematorium in 2015. It has two further sites at planning stages.
Our Mission Statement
"Memoria has a mission to provide exceptional standards of service and facility to the bereaved families that use its crematoria and gardens of remembrance. This is because it is not only commercially sensible to do so but also because it is an essential act of human decency towards people who have just lost a much loved member of their family or friend. Bereavement is the price we must all pay for the joy of loving and being loved. The loss of a loved one is the most stressful, unhappy and traumatic experience that we will face in life. We at Memoria realise that we are unable to eradicate such pain but we also know it is our responsibility and duty to be as efficient, kind, respectful and polite as humanly possible to our clients at their time of grief, and thereafter when they return to remember their cherished relatives or friends. Therefore it is our aim to provide immaculately clean and tidy facilities in tranquil and beautiful surroundings attended by people who are sincerely dedicated to our mission, and who take a great pride in their work as a result."
Our Partner - Cemetery Development Services
Cemetery Development Services (CDS) provides a number of core services that aid Memoria with the cemetery elements of the memorial park. CDS has completed 85 feasibility studies for local authorities and holds 25 local authority cemetery contracts including a £5m development in Bromley. CDS provides survey and design services, geotechnical surveys in compliance with Environment Agency audits, and engineering and construction services.
- Sherwood Forest Crematorium 2005 (Nottinghamshire)*
- Charnock Richard Crematorium 2007 (Chorley)*
- East Lancashire Crematorium 2007 (Bury)*
- Wear Valley Crematorium 2009 (Durham and Darlington)*
- Three Counties Crematorium 2009 (Braintree and district)*
- Cardiff and Glamorgan Memorial Park and Crematorium 2011
Formerly the Vale of Glamorgan Memorial Park and Crematorium
- Kirkleatham Memorial Park and Crematorium 2014 (Redcar & Cleveland)
- South Oxfordshire Crematorium and Memorial Park opening 2015 (Frilford, Oxfordshire)
- Amber Valley Memorial Park and Crematorium opening 2015 (Alfreton, Derbyshire)
- South Leicestershire Memorial Park and Crematorium opening 2015 (Countethorpe, Leicestershire)
- Waveney Crematorium opening 2015 (Ellough, Suffolk)
* sold in 2009